RICHMOND – Multiple Virginia hotels have been included in the 2016 U.S. News & World Report Best Hotel rankings. Two properties — The Inn at Little Washington and Primland Resort –were named as the best hotels in the United States.
“The outstanding hotels and resorts across the Commonwealth are treasured hallmarks of the Virginia travel experience” said Rita McClenny, President & CEO of Virginia Tourism Corporation. “To be recognized by U.S. News & World Report is a wonderful honor and a great accomplishment. Whether atop pristine mountains, on the oceanfront, or in a buzzing urban setting, each of these properties offer an unforgettable opportunity to create memories that will last a lifetime. We are proud that each of these hotels call Virginia home.”
“A great hotel can make your vacation, but travelers don’t have to waste time searching for the perfect accommodations,” said Erin Shields, travel editor for U.S. News. “The hotels on our list are adored by both travelers and expert reviewers for their high-quality amenities, comfortable rooms and exceptional services.”
The 2016 Best Hotels includes destination-specific rankings for hundreds of popular cities and vacation spots, from Las Vegas and Maui to Turks and Caicos and Puerto Rico. New content and detailed hotel profiles allow travelers to search for hotels in the U.S. based on specific preferences, such as a pool, a fitness center or pet-friendly accommodations. A Best Hotels by Brand list is also available for travelers seeking brand-backed hotels.
VIRGINIA GOLD BADGE WINNERS
Earned a “Best Hotels in the USA” award:
• The Inn at Little Washington
VIRGINIA SILVER BADGE WINNERS
Identified as one of the “Best Hotels” within its market:
• The Jefferson Hotel – Best Hotels in Richmond
• The Westin Richmond – Best Hotels in Richmond
• Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront – Best Hotels in Virginia Beach
• The Boar’s Head Inn – Best Hotels in Charlottesville
• Williamsburg Inn – Best Hotels in Williamsburg
The rankings identify the best hotels in the USA, the Caribbean, Mexico and Canada. Results are determined by the prominence of industry accolades a hotel receives, along with its reputation among professional travel experts, guest reviews and hotel class ratings.
• Best Hotels in the USA: Top 10 percent of all ranked luxury hotels in the United States.
• Best Hotels in the Caribbean: Top 10 percent of all ranked luxury hotels in the Caribbean.
• Best Hotels in Mexico: Top 10 percent of all ranked luxury hotels in Mexico.
• Best Hotels in Canada: Top 10 percent of all ranked luxury hotels in Canada.
• Best Hotels in [Destination]: Top 30 percent of all ranked luxury hotels within a destination.