Openings, events and other information on these pages may be canceled or postponed to a later date. Please check with the individual location or business for more details.
Central and Southern Virginia
- The Darden Business School in Albemarle County will open the Forum Hotel, managed by Kimpton Hotels, in April 2023. The new hotel will feature 199 hotel rooms and suites, more than 19,000 square feet of meeting space, including a 6,500-square-foot ballroom, a pub, sports bar and coffee shop as well as five acres of natural green space featuring an arboretum and botanical gardens that will connect the Darden Grounds, UVA School of Law Grounds, and the Rivanna Trail.
- The Richmond area’s largest hotel operator, Shamin Hotels, opened its newest property with a new-to-market brand, the 100-room Moxy Hotel at 501 E. Franklin St. A newer Marriott brand, Moxy is targeted to the Millennial demographic. Guests can check in at the hotel bar, trade notes with other guests and take room art with them when they leave. Rooms include tech-enhanced features and can be rearranged and personalized.
- Arriving in winter 2023, Hotel AKA Alexandria brings a dramatic new addition to Old Town Alexandria and will be just 20 minutes from Washington, D.C. and steps from the city’s flourishing boutique scene and thriving waterfront. Custom-designed by visionary architect Piero Lissoni, the new, sophisticated accommodations offer a long-term stay option with premium amenities such as a Technogym fitness center and more.
- A second Archer Hotel has popped up in Fairfax County – this time in the bustling entertainment district, Mosaic. Archer Hotel Falls Church is only the eighth property in Archer’s portfolio and boasts chic new interiors, locally curated art, a lively bar under the AKB brand, and completely redesigned guest rooms and suites.
- Tysons Corner Marriott recently completed a $25 million renovation, which saw a redesign of all 400 rooms, newly expanded meeting space, a new fitness center, and a rebranding of its in-house restaurant. The new restaurant, Tysons Rickhouse, focuses on local Virginia flavors using locally sourced products and has a unique selection of 40+ whiskeys and bourbons available.
- Sheraton Reston has completed its massive renovation of the 302-room hotel with a new contemporary focus that draws inspiration from the history of Northern Virginia, and the unique planned community history of Reston itself.
- The Watermark Hotel is a 300-key, all-suite elevated residential-style property located at Capital One Center, the new entertainment complex at the corporation’s headquarters in Tysons, Virginia. The hotel has been thoughtfully designed with oversized suites, upscale furnishings and convenient access to Northern Virginia & Washington, DC’s amenities. The property’s lobby opens up to The Perch, a breathtaking village green soaring 11 stories above street level (which features a Biergarten, amphitheater, dog park, food truck experience, and mini-golf course). The Perch sits atop Capital One Hall, the region’s newest performance venue, which already has an impressive lineup of concerts, Broadway, holiday shows, and more.
Coastal Virginia – Chesapeake Bay, Hampton Roads, Eastern Shore
- The Sugartoad Cottage, a boutique lodging establishment in the center of downtown Mathews will be opening its doors to the public in spring 2023. Enjoy this quaint one bedroom cottage within walking distance from major events and festivals, six restaurants, plenty of shops, museums, a kayak launch and the Mathews Farmers Market.
- Morris Creek Point is opening its doors to guests as a four bedroom, whole house waterfront rental in the historic 1886 farmhouse on Morris Creek. Enjoy the luxury of a 4,200 square foot home on a calm creek off the Chesapeake Bay, perfect for the whole family or group getaway.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton opens February 2023. Its 157 luxury hotel suites plus 10,000 sf. of meeting and event space feature a host of first-class amenities. Indoor and outdoor pools, a 24/7 fitness center, and a pair of new eateries – Arbuckle’s Bar & Grill and beachfront dining at the Taco & Tequila Shack – make it a destination all its own.
Shenandoah Valley and Virginia Mountains
- Fire Station No. 1 Boutique Hotel in downtown Roanoke, opening February 2023, is a 7-room hotel housed in a 20th century fire station and furnished by TXTUR, a locally-based furniture manufacturer specializing in sustainability and direct to consumer retail. Their flagship retail showroom will be located on the main floor of the hotel. Stock, a Nordic-inspired restaurant and bar located in the Fire Station Hotel will also open in February.
- The Georges, a boutique hotel in Lexington, has acquired the neighboring Sheridan Livery Building, currently the home of the Tonic Restaurant and Inn. This addition will expand The Georges from 21 guestrooms to 33 and provide increased banquet and event space. The Georges at The Livery opened to guests October 2022.
- The Rowland Hotel is a 16-room boutique hotel in Downtown Salem that opened in November 2022. Enjoy fine dining downstairs at Frankie Rowland’s Steakhouse that also opened in 2022.
Southwest Virginia – Blue Ridge Highlands, Heart of Appalachia
- The Inn at Foster Falls inside New River Trail State Park will open in 2023 offering 10 luxurious guest rooms as well as meeting space. Wrap around porches enable uninterrupted views of the New River and state park below.