|Openings, events and other information on this page may be canceled or postponed to a later date. Please check with the individual location or business for more details.|
Central and Southern Virginia
- The Inn at Willow Grove expanded the Mill House Spa. They have added ‘The Ultimate Experience”- A new Spa Suite, a private oasis for two, private pre & post treatment relaxation space where you will enjoy a bottle of bubbly and chocolate covered strawberries, served by your treatment specialist. Wrapped in with a couple’s treatment experience.
- Cabins at Crabtree have added glamping platforms.
- Rockfish Ranch will opened in 2022 with a vineyard, modern cabins overlooking the Rockfish River as well as the area’s first indoor/outdoor event venue.
- The Keswick Hall resort went through an extensive, multi-year renovation, that included adding additional guest rooms, a new restaurant (Marigold) featuring world-renowned chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, and other luxurious amenities. The property officially re-opened its doors to the public in fall of 2021.
- Red Hill Bed and Breakfast opened, renovating a historic home and grounds.
- The Richmond Marriott, which connects to the Greater Richmond Convention Center,recently completed a multi-million dollar renovation, which included renovations of all 410 guest rooms and improvements to the lobby and fitness center. The hotel also introduced their new restaurant in September 2021, Fall Line Kitchen & Bar, an upscale-casual restaurant serving comfort food, regional craft beer and creative cocktails. The name is a nod to Virginia’s most prominent geological feature.
- The Holiday Inn & Conference Center in Stafford is newly renovated & refreshed. This hotel and conference center boasts over 8,000 square feet of total meeting space and is the largest of its size and offerings in the Stafford region. Many amenities include, but are not limited to an indoor heated pool, 24-hour fitness room, guest laundry, complimentary hotel parking, and an on-site restaurant.
- A new AKA luxury property will open in July 2022 in Old Town Alexandria at 625 First Street. Designed for longer stays, AKA balances the space and comfort of a fully appointed luxury apartment with the style and hospitality of an intimate hotel.
- The Archer Tysons is a 178-room boutique hotel in Tysons, and only the seventh property for the award-winning boutique brand that places major emphasis on local discoveries, with a distinct nod to the destination each property calls home. The Archer Tysons greets guests with a spirit of casual elegance – lofted ceilings, exposed brick, and industrial-chic design – and hones in on the “Virginia is for Lovers” brand featuring an impressive variety of Virginia-focused art and products. Nestled in Tysons’ up-and-coming neighborhood, Scotts Run, and adjacent to the new Capital One Center complex, The Archer Tysons also features a buzzy hotel bar called AKB, stylish event space, and unique design palettes.
- The Hilton Alexandria Mark Center underwent a $10 million renovation in November 2021, including enhancements to meeting spaces, guestrooms and more. The property reopened in May.
- The Archer Falls Church, which joins Washington, DC-area’s innovative retail and entertainment district, Mosaic, as its headquarter hotel property. This transformation of a former Hyatt House to the new Archer brand will feature chic new interiors, dramatic lighting, locally curated art and fabulous finishes, touches and trims, a new lively bar under the AKB brand, redesigned suites and guest rooms, complimentary amenities and thoughtful touches like turndown treats, bathrobes and slippers, and a drink + dine credit for direct bookings. The transformation begins December 15 and the hotel will remain open for guests throughout the renovations.
Coastal Virginia – Chesapeake Bay, Hampton Roads, Eastern Shore
- Key West Cottages at Chincoteague Bay this summer are adding 33 additional cottages, a pool, a waterfront beach on the bay and a lobby / reception location. There will be opportunities for boat docking, paddle boarding, kayaking, yoga and event options such as retreats and weddings.
- The Duke of York Hotel has a new name—Yorktown Beach Hotel—new ownership, and a new look for 2022! A fixture on the Yorktown waterfront since 1964, renovations were completed in March. The improvements largely focus on the infrastructure of the hotel, bringing a beach aesthetic with more modern conveniences, including state-of-the-art wireless internet service.
- The Lighthouse at Smithfield Station, the only lighthouse in Virginia where you can spend the night, has just finished various renovations.
- The Smithfield Inn has recently renovated their lovely dining room and tavern.
- Orlesa Farms, previously a top ranked Bed and Breakfast and Wedding Venue, this historic property was vacated in early 2020, had new owners mid 2021, underwent a restructuring process to be Shenandoah Valley’s newest wedding – event venue & luxury lodging, and fully opened November 2021.
- The Hyatt Place opened for reservations December 7, 2021 and is a brand new property in Harrisonburg. It is the only hotel in Harrisonburg with a rooftop bar and with stunning views of the valley and George Washington National Forest.
- The Buckhorn Inn & Tavern reopened at the end of 2021 under new management. Located in Churchville, it has been serving wayward travelers and locals of Augusta County and beyond with accommodations, food, and spirits since 1811.
- The Liberty Trust, originally constructed as a bank headquarters in 1910 in downtown Roanoke, underwent a full historic restoration as part of its transformation into a 54-room luxury lifestyle hotel which opened in March.
Southwest Virginia – Blue Ridge Highlands, Heart of Appalachia
- The Merry Inn opens summer 2022, serving AT through hikers and adventurers in a European style inn, located above Marion Outdoors in Marion, VA. Accommodations include hostel with bunks as well as private rooms.
- Nicewonder Farm & Vineyards in Bristol opened the Nicewonder Inn in April. This 28-room luxury boutique inn boasts inviting common areas, a world-class culinary and wine program, and beautifully appointed rooms ranging from 325ft to 650ft, highlighted by a 1200 sq. ft. “presidential” suite, all overlooking some of the most beautiful scenery on property.