|Due to COVID-19, openings, events and other information on this page may be canceled or postponed to a later date. Please check with the individual location or business for more details.|
- Keswick Hall is slated to re-open in the spring of 2021 after a multi-year renovation/expansion and will offer visitors a premier luxury experience just minutes from downtown Charlottesville. Keswick Hall will now feature 80 luxurious guest rooms and suites, a new spa, and new signature restaurant run by famed chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten. The resort will still feature its renowned Full Cry golf course, designed by Pete Dye.
- The Moxy Hotel, located in downtown Richmond, is set to open at the end of 2021.
- A new Courtyard by Marriott is set to open in Richmond early 2021 – located in the historic Scott’s Addition neighborhood.
- The Richmond Marriott Downtown completed a multi-million dollar renovation project in December 2020. All 410 rooms received a makeover, along with the lobby and hotel restaurant.
- TRU by Hilton opened in Lynchburg in December 2020 at the junction of US-460 and BUS-29, minutes away from the regional airport, Liberty University, and downtown Lynchburg.
- Hotel Fredericksburg in Washington Square in Downtown Fredericksburg will be a 99-room hotel and meeting space.
- Renovation plans are under way for Clarion Hotel & Suites Conference Center, formerly the Fredericksburg Hospitality House.
- A new apartment-hotel is coming to King Street in Alexandria with the arrival of a Sonder property above the Warby Parker store, expanding upon an existing property in Del Ray. The San Francisco hospitality startup leases apartment blocks and rents them out as hotel rooms. Offices are being converted to residential units, all with small kitchens, ranging from 225 square feet to 527 square feet.
- The Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria will unveil an extensive multimillion-dollar renovation in 2021. The renovation will include enhanced landscaping, a refreshed lobby with booths as well as an elevated bar and coffee experience, revamped meting spaces with tech-enabled studios, mobile food orders and new design elements, and an expanded fitness center.
- Lansdowne Resort & Spa recently renovated its ballroom and all meeting spaces to a contemporary, upscale design. Lansdowne also opened its brand-new Harmony Market in the lobby, which will serve as a Lavazza coffeeshop and in-house market for guests.
- The Archer Hotel Tysons will open in the summer of 2021 with seven stories, 178 rooms, polished event spaces and a rooftop terrace. The brand brings an independent spirit, sense of sophistication and consummate hospitality to the area.
- The Watermark Hotel in Tysons will be located adjacent to the brand-new Capital One Center campus. An expected opening is set for fall of 2021.
- stayAPT Suites is one of the very first of its new brand to open in the U.S., with a location adjacent to the new National Museum of the U.S. Army at Fort Belvoir. This extended stay property opened in October 2020 and has 73 suites, which includes a living room and full kitchen. The hotel also includes a courtyard with fire pit, onsite laundry, and a gym.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Reston opened in November 2020 and brings 138 suites to the Reston area of Fairfax County and includes studios, one- and two-bedroom suites with separate living spaces.
- The Sheraton Reston closed to guests temporarily in September to move ahead with an ambitious renovation schedule. The hotel has completed a top-to-bottom overhaul of its guest rooms, unveiling a new subtle and modern design. The hotel will now continue renovations on its meeting space, public areas, and restaurant/lounge before re-opening to the public in April of 2021.
- Loudoun County will welcome a new TRU by Hilton in Ashburn, set to open July 2021. This will be the first hotel to open in Loudoun since Salamander Resort & Spa opened in 2013.
- Spotsylvania County will see two new hotels in 2021: a TRU by Hilton and a Home2Suites by Hilton.
- Hilton Garden Inn Manassas will open just outside Old Town Manassas in January 2021.
- A new Hilton Garden Inn will be opening in Haymarket across from the town hall in August 2021.
- Aloft Dulles Airport North is undergoing a full renovation, set to be complete in April 2021.
Coastal Virginia – Chesapeake Bay, Hampton Roads, Eastern Shore
- After completing a multi-million-dollar renovation, the Landing at Hampton Marina, Tapestry Collection by Hilton (formerly Crown Plaza and Hampton Marina Hotel) opens January 2021 and features 173 guest rooms and suites. The site will also feature Topsail for marina dining and Copper Barley Spirit Bar, highlighting Virginia-based spirits and breweries.
- New and renovated hotels in Virginia Beach opening in late 2020 and in 2021 include:
- Delta by Marriott Bayfront Suites
- Fairfield Inn Town Center
- Homewood Suites by Hilton
- Home2Suites by Hilton
- Hyatt Place Oceanfront
- Embassy Suites Hotel at Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
- Moxy by Marriott
- The Blackburn Inn in Staunton has announced the addition of a 2,500 square foot spa. The Spa at The Blackburn, located in the Wellness and Conference Center on the hotel grounds, is Staunton’s first spa and will offer facials, massage, reflexology, and nail treatments.
- The 152-room Natural Bridge Historic Hotel & Conference Center in Natural Bridge became a member of the Trademark Collection by Wyndham hotel brand and is undergoing a $750,000 renovation including a complete guest room renovation in the Main Hotel along with some redesigned public spaces. Additional highlights will include exterior upgrades, the addition of a fitness center, and fully equipped 5-Bedroom Villa.
- The 39-room Gin Hotel in downtown Lexington, which dates from 1926, aligned with Choice Hotels’ Ascend Hotel Collection. The former Robert E. Lee Hotel was rebranded, and the in-house Italian restaurant was renamed Juniper Lounge. The 12-room sister property Tonic Restaurant and Inn (formerly Sheridan Livery Inn & Restaurant built in 1887), was also rebranded with a focus on healing and therapeutic vibes, along with a Bohemian, garden-like feel on the updated outdoor dining patio.
- Lexington’s premier & elegant cottage rentals Serenity Cottages are situated on 5 acres surrounded by mountains and a private wooded area, “Heaven Sent Cottage” is a 2-bedroom, 1-bath cottage, featuring a king bed and master bath with soaking tub and tiled shower. “Amazing Grace Cottage” is a 1 bedroom, 1 bath cottage.
- Meadowlark Ridge Bed and Breakfast, a 1975 log house in Augusta County, offers three guest rooms surrounded by 16 acres of meadows and private forest right around the house.
- Cider House Bed and Breakfast is a 1790 farmhouse on a 20-acre farm in Waynesboro featuring three guest rooms with the full gourmet breakfast.
- New home and cabin rentals opened in Shenandoah County in late 2020.
- Shenandoah Valley Vista
- Grand Mountain Getaway
- Earls’ Place at Shenandoah Caverns
- Historic District Apartment
- Stickley Hall
- The Widow Kips Bed & Breakfast in Shenandoah County is being renovating and renamed the Family Farmhouse Inn, which will open mid-2021.
- Tru by Hilton opened in Harrisonburg in September 2020.
- Comfort Inn & Suites will be opening in Harrisonburg in January 2021.
- The 123-room Best Western Plus is expected to open in Harrisonburg in Spring 2021.
- Hyatt Place Harrisonburg is expected to open with a rooftop restaurant providing a unique view of the Valley and 120 rooms for guests in Winter 2021.
- The Liberty Trust, originally constructed as a bank headquarters in 1910 in downtown Roanoke, is currently undergoing a full historic restoration as part of its transformation into a 54-room luxury lifestyle hotel currently slated to open in late August/September 2021.
- Rowland Hotel, a new 16-room boutique hotel in downtown Salem, will open in 2021.
- Springhill Suites by Marriott has announced plans to construct an all-suite hotel in Roanoke County in 2021.
- The Lofts at Downtown Salem, a pet-friendly extended stay boutique hotel recently opened in 2020.
- Avid by IHG Hotel in Salem opens August 1, 2021 with 87 rooms along with numerous activity rooms.
- Mariners Landing at Smith Mountain Lake is working on renovations and upgrades to their resort.
- The Highland Inn in Monterey continues to be renovated through 2021.
Southwest Virginia – Blue Ridge Highlands, Heart of Appalachia
- Nicewonder Farm & Vineyards in Bristol will be opening the Nicewonder Inn in Summer 2021. This 28-room luxury boutique inn will boast inviting common areas, a world-class culinary and wine program, and beautifully appointed rooms ranging from 325ft to 650ft, highlighted by a 1200 sq. ft. “presidential” suite, all overlooking some of the most beautiful scenery on property.
- Kairos Wilderness Resort in Giles County will be expanding and adding additional luxury yurts.
- The Litz Antebellum Mansion in Tazewell recently opened in 2020. The property is a beautiful historic mansion, which was constructed in 1867 and is situated on a 3-acre lot within walking distance of the Tazewell main street area. It contains 10 bedrooms, five bathrooms, a well-appointed kitchen, a luxurious dining room, a comfortable living room, and a sunny game room.
- Foxtail Orchards Campgrounds, located in Tazewell, will be adding additional cabins to open in mid-2021.
- Danville’s newest boutique hotel, The Bee, opened in December 2020 in the former site of the Danville Register and The Bee newspapers. Each room is unique and some historic features are retained.
- New properties that have recently opened in Mecklenburg include a Microtel by Wyndham located in South Hill and The Delicate Flower Bed & Breakfast, located in Clarksville.