Central and Southern Virginia
- Spoon and Spindle, located in the historic silk mill building in the town of Orange, serving weekend brunch and weekday lunch.
- Champion Icehouse, Gordonsville’s new brewery and restaurant bringing Champion beer and honoring the famous fried chicken recipe and southern classics created by Craig Hartman, owner of BBQ Exchange.
- East of Maui coffee shop opened in Gordonsville late 2021. Slow roasted & fresh ground coffee is produced in OCVA and will be offered directly here. Expect to find signature breakfasts and gourmet lunch sandwiches & house made snacks & pastries as well as wine & craft beers on the menu.
- Patch Brewing Company have transformed the old “VFW” into Patch brewery. A baseball field, dog park, children’s area, adults’ area, and eventually walking trails, beer hall, and event venue are all in the plans. This fall they boast their outdoor pavilion area offering covered seating and two bars.
- Coyote Hole Ciderworks have added a new kitchen, will expand their tasting room and building a new production facility.
- Cooling Pond Brewery will add wine, a new outdoor brick pizza oven and kitchen and add an outdoor bar/seating area near their vineyard.
- Southern Revere Cellars in Louisa opened in late 2021 offering craft beer, cider and wine. In addition, they have an onsite “farm to table” style business on location.
- Everleigh Vineyards is expected to open summer 2022 offering craft beer, cider, hard seltzer and wine.
- Blue Mountain Barrel House added a restaurant and outdoor dining and recreation space.
- Bryant’s Small Batch Cider added a brewery to its operation in January.
- Black Bear Creamery will opened January, adding a family friendly offering to the Nelson 151 craft beverage trail.
- Chiswell Farm & Winery has opened its doors to the public in late 2021. The Monticello Wine Trail now has 40+ wineries associated with it.
- Blevins Family Vineyard will open summer 2022. In addition to the tasting room and beautiful vineyard, the property will also serve as an events space in the County.
- JewFro, a Jewish/African deli and coffee shop by day and a culinary journey through two robust cultures by night, opened in Richmond in late 2021.
- 93 by Trapezium Brewery set to open in late summer 2022 in Church Hill.
- Hatch Local Food Hall is a curated collection of local food vendors opened in March on the ground floors of The Current building in Richmond’s Manchester neighborhood. The food hall contains seven local vendors, two bars, a market, private event spaces and outdoor patio and courtyard.
- Potomac Point Winery & Vineyard recently expanded in what is known as ‘Merlot Meadow’. Merlot Meadow is an expansion that provides a wide variety of new experiences including an outdoor tasting lounge, firepits, bocce ball, and picnic areas. The ‘Merlot Meadow’ provides a great variety of activities you can reserve to accompany your wine tasting experience.
- Nineties-inspired Nighthawk Pizza and Beer opened in National Landing in March, with a beer hall fully dedicated to low-alcohol beers that also serve crispy, thin-crust pizza and burgers. The beer menu is from NOVA favorite Aslin Brewery. Visitors may sip cans in the brightly-colored beer hall or take beers for a stroll around the shopping center.
- The Winery at Rapidan/WAR Craft Brewery is a disabled combat veteran owned winery Cidery and Craft Brewery nested in the blue ridge mountains. A place to come enjoy the scenic views and organize.
- George Washington’s Distillery & Gristmill, located 3 miles from the Mount Vernon estate, still produces Washington’s famous Rye Whiskey using his 18th century recipe and methods. While the site has begun doing limited spirits tastings, visitors will be able to enjoy a new, permanent tasting room on the property in 2022.
- Flying Ace Farm Brewery opened in 2021, but will continue to expand in 2022. Located on a 55-acre working farm of a former Air Force pilot, Flying Ace is the Loudoun’s first farm brewery and distillery. In 2022, a restored barn on the premises is set to serve as an outpost of Purcellville-based Monk’s BBQ.
Coastal Virginia – Chesapeake Bay, Hampton Roads, Eastern Shore
- A new, elevated, dining experience made its debut in Virginia Beach’s Oceanfront. Oscar’s Oceanside ignites all your senses with its refined décor, impressive contemporary cuisine, which includes steaks, pastas and the freshest local seafood and dazzling waterfront views.
- Transitioning a popular food truck and catering business to a brick-and-mortar location, the new Taste of Texas BBQ joint is as authentic as it gets. Sliced or chopped brisket on Texas toast and pit-smoked pork top the menu with several house-made sauces and hefty sides. Open Wednesday through Sunday.
- Made famous on TikTok, Crumbl Cookies recently opened a Virginia Beach location to rave reviews. The classic chocolate chip and sugar cookies are complemented by four weekly featured flavors made fresh on-site and served in pretty pink boxes.
- Recently opened fall 2021 in the Virginia Beach Town Center area, the fifth location for Virginia’s largest independent craft beer company, Three Notch’d Craft Kitchen and Brewery includes 16 beers on draft and a new Virginia Beach brew each week. Collaboration beers also will be featured to complement a traditional pub fare menu with a Virginia flair.
- 1700 Brewing recently opened in the City Center area of Newport News. It is a nano brewery that offers a high turnover on fresh brews with a relaxing atmosphere.
- Central Virginia’s Stable Craft Brewery, an authentic working farm brewery and winery, has undergone improvements and renovations including tripling their covered patio space, the addition of a new outdoor bar and dining decks and new fire pits. Other recent improvements include the brewery’s new signature Diamond T Outdoor stage for live music, outdoor dining igloos, outdoor pavilion spaces, new one way traffic pattern and a new 9-hole outdoor cornhole golf course to allow folks to enjoy the great outdoors while enjoying cider or beer.
- In 2021 Ciders From Mars opened its doors to the community in Staunton, VA. The space houses a combination production and lab space with a tap-room, and outdoor deck seating, ultimately cultivating a communal center around cider, art, and music.
- BrewHaHa Brewing Company, a small batch nano brewery, opened October 2021 in Elkton.
- Newly opened in fall 2021, Seed to Tail Kitchen & Market is a gourmet sandwich shop and fresh market filled with the local farm’s bounty as well as delicious and cool products from Staunton and the surrounding area. The menus are inspired by the seasons and the regional cuisine of the Mid-Atlantic.
- The City Foxes: Wine Bar and Market opened February in Waynesboro. The locally owned Wine Bar + Market focuses on Virginia wines, food, and products.
- 1835 Smokehouse, a one-of-a-kind BBQ joint located in an early 1800’s log cabin, opened fall 2021 in Elkton.
- Above Ground Winery opened its new location nestled in the hills of Augusta County off of scenic Route 252. Dedicated to delivering unpretentious wines and excellent hospitality, this new destination provides the perfect escape for travelers looking for something a little different and off the beaten path.
- Dividing Creek Brewery, a new nanobrewery located on the Loudoun Street Mall in the heart of Old Town Winchester, opened January 8, 2022.
- Barrel Chest Wine & Beer opened their new 2,000-sq. ft. location in October 2021 and debuted Roanoke’s first self-pour system for beer and wine. The new location is closer to Downtown Roanoke and features a sitting space, and full deli case for their cheese and charcuterie program.
- RND Coffee opened a second location in downtown Vinton’s newly renovated Vineyard Station in November 2021. The space is twice as large as their original location and features unique upcycled seating from Roanoke furniture company, Txtur. The larger space also allows for an expanded food menu.
- Apocalypse Ale Works is expanding and will be opening “Apocalypse Cidery and Winery” in the building located next to the brewery, with plans to open in 2022. All of the ciders will be made 100% from local apples from farms within a 50-mile radius. Both venues will offer live music.
Southwest Virginia – Blue Ridge Highlands, Heart of Appalachia
- 36° Fifty Brewing officially opens its tasting room in downtown Marion in winter 2022. Named after the latitude and longitude of Marion, VA, the brewery offers over a dozen craft beers on tap, in a laid-back, pet-friendly tasting room.
- Highlands Distilling, a new craft spirits distillery opened in spring 2021, offers small batch whiskey, bourbon, moonshine and gin at its tasting room in Marion, VA.
- 404 Cafe & Creamery, serving hand dipped ice cream, coffee, baked goods, and light lunch fare opened in Big Stone Gap in early 2022.
- Michael Waltrip Brewing Company opened its taproom in Bristol in fall 2021.