Not far from the hustle-and-bustle of major Virginia cities, the Chesapeake Bay region invites you to relax and unwind in its quiet, coastal charm. More than 1,800 miles of riverside shoreline beckons boaters, paddlers and all water lovers to explore the region’s natural beauty, iconic history and quaint small towns – where living the river life wouldn’t be complete without a feast of fresh local seafood paired with award-winning regional wine.
WHAT TO DO
- One of Virginia’s beloved coastal resorts, the Tides Inn, encourages its guests to explore the region by Duffy Electric Boats.
- The 63rd annual Urbanna Oyster Festival Nov. 6-7, 2020. The VIP Oyster Lovers Experience is the “pearl” of the festival offering access to exclusive amenities to pamper yourself at the festival.
- Compass Entertainment Complex, a multi-screen movie theater and family entertainment center, will open in spring 2020 on Virginia’s Northern Neck.
- Those on Virginia’s Chesapeake and Eastern Shore coastal regions will celebrate a mariner’s tradition at Burning of the Socks events May 2.
- Virginia Water Trails has created new and updated rural water trails system in Virginia’s Chesapeake and Eastern Shore coastal regions.
WHERE TO EAT & DRINK
- The town of Warsaw on Virginia’s Northern Neck received a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) to create exciting new programming to provide its community with unique development. New businesses including Bubba B’s Ice Creamery, Relish Restaurant and Wine Bar, Old Rappahannock Brewing Company recently opened in Warsaw with many new businesses on the horizon.